What is UBIKE? UBike is a project based at the University, that enables all year round hire of bicycle. All bikes are ready to hire, and come complete with lights, lock, mudguards and rack. We have a range of bike sizes and they will be hired out on a first come first served basis.
What are the benefits?
- Save money on petrol and parking
- Keep fit and build exercise into your daily routine
- Beat traffic jams and take the frustration out of commuting
- Cut congestion on the roads and reduce your carbon footprint
- Arrive to work feeling refreshed
- Save you costs on purchasing a brand new bike
- Explore the local area
- Save on maintenance costs
UBIKE will enable you to:
Who can hire a bike? Anyone who is a University of Hertfordshire Student or staff member can hire a UBike. No Matter whether you are studying or working full-time or part-time, an undergraduate or postgraduate, Home, EU or International.
How much will it cost? Students and Staff can choose to hire a bike for the following periods throughout the year:
- Weekly £10
- Monthly £20
- 3 Monthly £40
- A fully built bike (different sizes are available)
- A lock
- Pannier frame (does not include a pannier bag)
- One service during the year of hire, signed off by a qualified bike mechanic
Getting your bike After reading the Terms and Conditions you will need to complete an application form and sign a hire agreement. You must ensure that the bike is kept in good condition. Failure to do so may result in part or all of your deposit being retained to cover the cost of damage (except fair ware and tear).
Once you have completed and signed the application form please return it to the College Lane Accommodation Helpdesk in person, or telephone: 01707 284 063 or send it via email
You will need to pay the deposit and hire charge at the helpdesk. Applications will not be processed until payment has been made. DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT ONLY. NO CASH.
Returning the bike Depending on the length of time that you hire the bike for, you are expected to return the bike on the date specified. Failure to do so may result in additional charges being applied at the prevailing rate or your deposit being retained.